Omnipod DASH® System Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ’s from the Podders™
We have heard from many of you regarding your interest in the Omnipod DASH® System. We are thrilled at this response and can’t wait to help simplify diabetes management for you and your loved ones! Here is an update on the Omnipod DASH® System and answers to some of the community’s most frequently asked questions.
Questions about the Omnipod DASH® System
We are delighted to announce that the Omnipod DASH® System is now available in the UK and the Netherlands. The Omnipod DASH® System will be available during 2020 to insulin-requiring patients in other countries in Europe where the Omnipod System is already available and whose healthcare provider has decided that it is an appropriate course of therapy. Exact timings will vary depending on product availability, coverage and product training.
- The Omnipod DASH® System is not restricted to exclusive use with any CGM system or BGM. There is no integrated functionality with CGM, however the Omnipod DASH® System allows the User to manually input their Blood Glucose (BG) reading from any BGM or CGM device of their choice.
- Users can manually enter BG readings from any BGM they choose to use. After entering BG readings, the User can choose to save the entered BG value in their history or add it to the Omnipod DASH® PDM Bolus Calculator to deliver a bolus. Healthcare Providers (HCPs) and users can see the CGM and insulin data together using the Insulet Provided diasend® Data Management System.
Yes, with the Omnipod DASH® System you will be able to programme a 0.0 U/hr basal rate.
The Omnipod DASH® PDM is slim smartphone like technology with a 4 inch screen and thickness of 1 cm. The Omnipod DASH® PDM is also lightweight, weighing in at 106g.
Bluetooth® wireless technology enables connectivity between the Omnipod DASH™ System PDM and Pod.
The Omnipod DASH® PDM is not waterproof. The Pod is still waterproof with an IP28 rating for up to 7.6 metres for 60 minutes.
The Omnipod DASH® PDM takes up to 1.5 hours to reach an 80% or greater battery charge.
You can still use the Pod Disposal Programme in your country for your used DASH® Pods.
- The Omnipod DASH® PDM and Pods can be treated in the same way as the Omnipod® System PDM and Pods at the airport. It is safe to go through the x-ray machine and the Pods are safe to be worn through airport scanners.
Further Tips for Travelling with the Omnipod DASH® System are available in the Omnipod DASH® System Podder™ Resource Guide.
- The Omnipod DASH® PDM has a modern, touch-screen interface that is lightweight, simple, colourful and intuitive.
- The design of the new interface has been led by user-experience to optimise navigation and displays.
- The Omnipod DASH® System features connectivity using Bluetooth® wireless technology.
- The Omnipod DASH® PDM is smartphone-like technology where Users can easily enter manual BG readings from any BGM they chose to use.
- There are some added features (such as being able to program a zero basal rate, set fractional insulin to carb ratios and track Pod site-locations) with the new Omnipod DASH® System.
The Omnipod DASH® PDM in Europe will be available in English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, and Swedish languages.
If your current Omnipod® System is in-warranty and you experience an issue or fault that is eligible for replacement, Insulet will replace it with the same version of the Omnipod® System you are currently using, not the Omnipod DASH® System. For information on how to obtain the Omnipod DASH® System, please contact your healthcare provider, your local Insulet representative, our Customer Care team or your supplier (i.e. Mediq or OneMed if in the Netherlands).
Full details around the upgrade programme for current in-warranty Omnipod® System users will be communicated soon.
Discuss with your healthcare provider if you should wait for the Omnipod DASH® System or get started today.
No, the current Omnipod® System Pods will not be compatible with the Omnipod DASH™ System. The Omnipod DASH® System Pods have a blue needle cap and updated Pod label for differentiation. In addition, the current Omnipod® System PDM will not be compatible with the Omnipod DASH® System Pods.
- Omnipod DASH® Pods have a blue needle cap, an updated Pod label, and a unique part number to accurately differentiate them from other Pod generations.
- Our ordering and supply system is set up to ensure Omnipod® System users and Omnipod DASH® System users receive correct Pod supplies.
The Omnipod DASH® Pods and Omnipod DASH™ PDM are not compatible with the current Omnipod® System.
Yes, the Omnipod DASH® System Pod is the same size as the current Omnipod® System Pod. The Omnipod® System and the Omnipod DASH® System are not compatible – you cannot use Pods from one system with the other.
The Omnipod DASH® System Pod will be able to hold up to 200 units of U-100 insulin, same as the current Omnipod® System Pod.
Yes. The Omnipod DASH® System provides up to 72 hours of continuous insulin delivery.
At this time the existing Omnipod® System will not be discontinued. Users may continue to enjoy the Omnipod® System they are on today. Users do not need to switch to the Omnipod DASH® System once it becomes available and may continue to use and obtain Pods as they do today with the existing Omnipod® System.
Yes. You will be able to upload the data from your Omnipod DASH® System to Insulet Provided diasend®.
*Up to 72 hours of insulin delivery
The Pod has a waterproof IP28 rating for up to 7.6 metres for 60 minutes. The PDM is not waterproof
At start-up, the Pod and Personal Diabetes Manager must be adjacent and touching. During normal operation, the Personal Diabetes Manager must be within 1.5 metres of the Pod.